[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re: Interoperability question (s)...

I don't know of anyone who has implemented SSL and SHTTP interoperability.
What I mean when I say that is that I don't know of anyone with a technique
to allow SSL clients to talk to SHTTP servers, or vica versa. I have no idea
what scheme your professor is suggesting. Maybe he's just saying that it's
not impossible; that it  could be designed and coded.

We have implemented interoperability between SSL clients and DCE-Web
servers. We've done it via a gateway that talks SSL to the clients and
DCE-Web to the server, and translates the requesting principal. Such a
gateway has to be trusted by the server (since it's impersonating the client).
Our gateway is designed to allow interoperation with other secure protocols
and DCE-Web. You can read more about it at
http://www.osf.org/www/dceweb/DWsdg.htm.
	Mez